For Spring 2023 start: October 11, 2022
For Fall 2023 start: April 11, 2023
Most financial awards offered by the MEITE program are made in the spring, so it is to your advantage to apply by February 14. To qualify for full Merit Assistantships, applications must be received by December 15. See the Financial Aid & Scholarship page for more information about funding.
We review applications on a rolling basis and we will notify you with and admissions decision within seven weeks of your completed application being submitted.
MEITE application checklist
- $95 Application fee (nonrefundable)
- Bachelor’s degree (based on a four-year curriculum) completed before graduate study begins or its international equivalent with an accredited institution. We seek applicants with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended must be digitally uploaded to your application. We only accept unofficial uploads for application evaluation. If you are offered admission into the MEITE program, one official transcript for each university attended will be required prior to the first day of the term. Instructions for how to submit official transcripts will be included in the admission offer letter.
- Resume that highlights your professional and academic experiences.
- Contact information for three individuals who can serve as references. These references should come from your current or former supervisors, professors, or other individuals who can discuss your professional and/or academic experiences and potential. Please note that these individuals will receive a request to electronically submit a letter of recommendation. Choose people who can attest to your professional and academic skills. At least one of the people should be someone qualified to assess your academic ability.
- Statement of purpose (approximately 500 words). In your statement, explain your interest in the MEITE program and how it aligns with your personal and professional goals.
Please address the following:
- Where do you envision yourself going after the program?
- How will the MEITE program support you in meeting your professional goals?
- What is your experience with innovation, learning technologies and/or entrepreneurship?
- If you do not meet minimum criteria in an area, please provide an explanation.
- A GRE score is not required as part of the application to the MEITE program. If you choose to submit a GRE score, it needs to be from the last five years and the codes for submitting are:
- UNC GRE Code: #5816
- GMAT Code: D40-HL-34
For International Students
- TOEFL (90 minimum) or IELTS (7 minimum) score (no more than two years old)