There are a number of programs at UNC-Chapel Hill that may lead to licensure with NCDPI.

While the licensure is recommended through the School of Education, the programs are administered through the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Social Work, School of Information and Library Sciences and the Division of Speech and Hearing Science.

School Social Worker Licensure

Program is administered through the School of Social Work.

School social workers in North Carolina are licensed at the BSW, MSW, Advanced and Ph.D. levels.

Tauchiana Vanderbilt Williams
(919) 843-7512

School Library Media Coordinator Licensure

The official title for school librarians in North Carolina is Library Media Coordinator  and the program is administered through the School of Information and Library Science.

Dr. Sandra Hughes-Hassell
(919) 843-5276

Speech-Language Pathology Licensure

Students who earn a MS in Speech and Hearing Studies (clinical track only) are eligible for NC state licensure.

(919) 966-1007